Monday, August 22, 2011

The End of the Line

“I'm on a quest for the truth.” “I'm on a path to spiritual enlightenment.” “I'm seeking union with my god.” However it's conceived or phrased, many people feel like their on a great journey to some high and idyllic destination, where they'll find, or be granted, some ultimate reward. But I've got breaking news. Whatever the path is, it leads to where you're standing, right now. As long as it's thought of as a destination or a goal, that very conception keeps pushing it away. It's similar to how water pushes floating fluff away, as you reach for it. But the fluff isn't really the goal, it's just another distraction. What everyone really wants, is to feel their connection to the very water that they're already immersed in. It may take a lot of work to shed all of the preconceptions that obscure the reality, but the end of the line is always, and can only be found, here, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment