Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New World

I seek to understand another world beyond what I can experience. I'm a dolphin wishing to know of mountain goats, dust storms and forest fires. I don't want to build on my understanding, but want it to be erased and replaced with another template, in a new context. I long for this notion of what is, this fantasy that I've been cobbling together for a half of a century, to be shredded and scattered and forgotten. I want to trade in my five senses for six new ones, to exchange my clumsy thinking for clear knowing. There's so very much that I can't perceive and that won't fit into my simple story. I intuit that it's there and yearn to embrace it, but here I am, left to frolic beneath the waves, merely dreaming of dragonflies and tumble weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment